Why You Should Attend Data Day?
Data Day is a newer element of the RTC Events Week North America; in fact, we are in only our second year. Last year, after the inaugural Data Day, there were a lot of questions wondering what we were doing. So, a logical question this year is “Why should I attend Data Day 2017?”.
First some quick facts:
- Data Day 2017 will be held on Wednesday, August 2, 2017. BILT NA starts on Thursday August 3, 2017.
- It is a one-day event, on the same day as Day 2 of BCS (Building Content Summit) and DTS (Design Technology Summit).
- There is a separate cost for Data Day, but a discount is given to attend both Data Day and BILT NA.
Why would you gladly want to part with your time, and money, to attend Data Day? Value is the key question we all ask when looking at the many conferences that happen in a year. Here is my take on the question of the value of Data Day. Within BIM, the most important part is the information or data that we can leverage to answer business/project questions.
- Become better at using data to answer important business questions. This year we will be looking at adding some data visualization sessions.
- Have a stronger project when the model and the data are more tightly connected. Last year we heard from several firms that gained a competitive advantage through integration of data.
- Reduce the time to complete a project. Last year, we learned that data-centric projects were more profitable.
This year, we will have more presenters, presenting a wider understanding of why ‘data’ is where the industry is going. Come join us; it is going to be educational.
Data Day 2017 Chairperson