BILT is an annual event, run in multiple regions around the globe, designed to cater to the needs of those who design, build, operate and maintain our built environment. As a community of professionals, it is dedicated to improving the way industry works together.
We believe that:
- Technology is an enabler of better processes and outcomes, not a driver in and of itself.
- Our industry has failed to keep pace with others in productivity and innovation, but that provides clear opportunities for improvement.
- Our industry is siloed, fractured and too often adversarial; but we wish to play a role in changing this by bringing people together from different backgrounds to learn from each other.
- Getting people to change behaviours is the hardest part of any change.
- As an educational and networking event, BILT provides a variety of opportunities to learn and share, to probe and challenge, to listen and to be heard. Our sessions focus on the use of best-in-class tools, processes and workflows, behaviours and leadership.
As a natural and necessary evolution of the RTC Community, BILT is a unique, independent conference and community. Whether you are a practitioner or consumer of BIM, DE, VDC; whether your projects are buildings or infrastructure; whatever your preferred technology; whatever your role in the lifecycle of the built environment; we want to help you, your firm and wider industry become more effective, more impactful and more productive.
No other event brings so many opportunities and benefits together in a single location. As a 'by users, for users' event, BILT is the best place to get unvarnished advice from the people who really know their stuff, yet continue to learn themselves. Business leaders, thought leaders, innovators and implementers; they are all part of our community and ready to share their secrets (okay, some of their secrets...) to aid in the quest for a better, smarter industry, and a stronger, more sustainable built environment.
-Erika Voges, Wood & Grieve Engineers, RTC ANZ Delegate
- Adam Carlson, Holmes Consulting Group, RTC ANZ Delegate
- Matthew Boynton, Wood & Grieve Engineers - RTC ANZ Delegate